Happy Anniversary Dear Dear!!!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Today is 8th Feb, a very special day for dear dear and me. Today is our 6th Anniversary of being together. So I made plans for a nice dinner tonight.

The place is Hill Top Japanese Restaurant at Jurong Hill. We seen this place a few years ago but have not tried it as it quite far from our place. But I have been reading reviews that the teppanyaki there is great, so I guess this evening will be a great time to try it out.




I kept this a secret from dear dear so as to give her a surprise. I told her we are going to Pan Pacific for teppanyaki. But when we got onto the cab, I told the cabbie, “Jurong Hill”. She was quite shocked. Hahaha. Gotcha.

Anyway, we reached the place at around, 1910, after a near 30 minutes ride. Up on the hill, it was pretty bare and empty, just a tall tower and a carpark. There was no restaurant in sight. We were worried. So I called the restaurant, and they told us, they are at the tower. And so, we begin to climb the tower. We were going round and round the tall and big tower. It’s at least 4 to 5 storey high I swear. During this time I was carrying Caden. He was so excited to get down and walk. But I know if we do so, we can catch the sun rise the next morning. But the view from the tower was pretty good as we get to see as far as Jurong Island.

By the time we reached the top, we were surprised that there was no restaurant. My god! So dear dear called the restaurant again, guess what, they are at the lower level. So we have to walk all the way back down. Caden at this point is crying out for food now.

Soon we reached the restaurant. The place has a very authentic Japanese setup. Not those fanciful lights and decorations but simple cozy furniture. There was around 3 teppanyaki tables each serving up to 9 diners. Before the dinner, the waiter even helps put on a dining bib for us. Something that is common in a teppanyaki restaurant. We went through the menu and decide to order food that Caden is able to eat also. We ordered a teppan salmon, salmon special, garlic rice, olive rice, teppan chicken, teppan pork miso, 3 miso soup, teppan tofu and fresh mushrooms. Seems a bit too much? But heck, I just want dear dear to enjoy her food. The starter was nice, octopus and salad. But both of these, dear dear don’t eat. So I was tasked to chomp down all the starters. YUM YUM.



Caden was at this point pretty hungry. He keep looking at me, wanting to eat my share of the starters. But the octopus is not suitable for him. So I gave him a bit of the lettuce salad. But he spitted it out. Apparently he doesn’t like it.

Food was cooked pretty fast, by 10 minutes, Caden is drinking miso soup, eating his salmon and also his tofu. My oh my, the food tasted great! The waiter and waitress were very polite, attentive and helpful too. They enjoyed teasing Caden and Caden likes “disturbing” them also.

We were absolutely enjoying the rest of the food. And I am really to see dear dear giving me the nod when I asked her how the food is.









Near the end of our dinner, the chef was cooking beef for other diners, and during cooking, he told us to be careful, we knew something is going to happen. So I held Caden tight in my arms. The chef poured some kind of liquid on the food and then lighted the meat on fire! And it was a big fire. Caden was shocked! He never seen such a big fire before and so near some more. He can totally feel the heat. When I ask him hot hot? He nodded he head. I guess he is scared and shocked.


After that, whenever he sees the chef putting things on the teppan table, he will be a bit scared and wants me to hold him. Silly boy, actually he is not that scared, he just want protection.

After the dinner, we even get to get complimentary ice-cream in a separate lounge. I thought that was nice. It’s a nice place to chill out also. Quiet and comfortable. We stayed there for around 10 mins.







The total bill of the dinner came to less than $100. We thought it was reasonable for the quality and amount of food we got. The restaurant even helped us book a cab. What good service.

The cab came in 5 to 7 mins and we proceeded to join dear’s mum and dad at suntec city. We walked around Carrefour for a while and while touch and went around the fountain of wealth.

To sum up the day, though it was a simple celebration, but it was a nice dinner. But most importantly is that I am glad that I can spend the evening with my 2 most loved ones. Not only today but every day. I told Caden, as long as Caden and Mama is happy, Papa will always be happy.

Happy Anniversary to you again, Dear Dear!

0 comments: