5th Day at Childcare

Friday, May 7, 2010

Today, its my turn to bring him to school. Once he woke up in the morning, he started to cry and say that he does not want to go school. It seems to be some fear and phobia. He kept crying and refused to eat any breakfast. Even xiao yi po wanted to bring him downstairs to 7-11, he also refused. He kept clinging onto me and cry. I am really puzzled as deardear said that he has improved yesterday and when we asked if he wanna to go school on the next day, he said ok.

Anyway, my mum managed to pacify him while I was bathing. After all the preparation, we went to school. On the way there, he seems ok. Once we stepped into the school, he kept saying he does not want to stay there and wanted to go home. Then he heard his classmates crying and he started all the wailing.

When Ms Xiao Qi arrived, she carried him over from me and brought him upstairs to play with cooking set. Seems like he likes the cooking set on the second level. I did not follow initially. However, I checked on him by sneaking upstairs and hid at the staircase. He was still calling for me and sobbing. But I feel that he seems better than previous. The second time I sneaked upstairs, he seems to be communicating with Ms Xiao Qi about the cooking procedure. Then I waited for a while more outside the school and left at 9.30am to see a doc, as I was sneezing for the past 2 days. I spent all the remaining time at Mac doing my marking. I called Ms Xiao Qi twice to check on him. Seems like he still cry on and off but is getting better.

At 12.15pm, I went to the school to pick him up. He was so happy and excited to see me. He was so eager to go home that he did not even want to carry his bag. Then Tita and I took a cab back home.

When deardear arrived home at 6plus, he asked Caden about his school, Caden just kept quiet. He seems to be very withdrawn when we talk about school. He refused to tell us anything that happened in school and gone all quiet. I am very worried about him.

In the late evening, I had a discussion with my mum regarding taking care of Caden. I presented 3 options - get another maid, I will work 1/2 load of teaching or she will quit her job to take care of him. I do not want my mum to be stressed and feel that she has to quit her job. There are other options. She insisted as she is also very heartbroken to see Caden like that. She feels that she can take better care of him than anyone and indeed who is better than my mum. So she has decided to submit her resignation letter tomorrow.

0 comments: