First day at Childcare

Monday, May 3, 2010

Its Caden's first day at Cherie Hearts at Purvis St... Deardear and I are on leave so we companied him to school today... When we arrived at 8.50am, there are lots of kids having breakfast... It looks a little messy as kids from PG1 to K2 assembled at the common area to sing national athem and songs..Although Caden has eaten, he was also given a bowl of oats.. He seems to enjoy it and fed himself. He is so smart... He looks taller than some of the kids and more mature too. However, he seems to be a loner. Refused to join other kids in the singing of songs and playing of games. He just went to a corner to play on his own. Teachers tried to encourage him to join the rest of them. He tried for a while then went into the corner again.When the actual session started at 9.30am, Caden was asked to join the PG1 for drawing and playing of toys. When deardear and I saw that he joined them, we left the centre to leave him alone... We told him that we are going to work... However, he looked so down... Never see him like that before as if he has some burden. He tried to act strong and carried on playing on his own. I was so worried and even told the teacher to call me if he cries... I cried when I left the centre...At 11 plus, I told deardear to go back and check on him. We saw that his both eyes are swollen and nose is red. According to teacher, he has cried for the past 15 min. Seems like he suddenly thought of us and couldn't find us so he cried. Seems like he has cried terribly thus causing the swollen eyes and red nose. I was so heartbroken...When he saw us, he was so happy.. But when the teacher said that he cried just now as he misses us, he suddenly broke into tears and cried. I was so heartbroken.. How can I just leave him there? Did I make the right choice... Is it a cruel choice? I saw that there are many kids crying at diff time of the day. Is it a norm there? He seems to feel very left alone there. I dun wan him to feel that we dun care about him thus leaving him there. After a while, he recovered and started to talk and laugh again. Because we were there... Poor Caden...Then we left him there again and told him we will be back in an hour's time after his bath... He said ok.. Deardear and I went to a nearby coffee shop and I immediately texted my boss about taking childcare leave tomolo as I am still very worried. When we went back at 12.30pm, we saw that he was crying. According to teacher, he refused to take his bath. He do not want his teachers to bathe him. I had to coax him and he started to cry again.. Seems that he kept crying today.. More than he has ever cried in a month. I am really heartbroken... Have to see him like that and coax him into bathing as I am worried if I let him off this time, he will just refused to bathe forever. Finally, he gave in and bathed. After his bath, we packed him bag and brought him home. He was so happy and bide everyone goodbye.. It seems to be his happiest moment then. He started his usual happy mood from then on. It seems to be a relieve for him. He seldom laugh and smile when he stepped into the centre.. That is not Caden and I do not want him to be like that. How?


just woken up from sleep
watching television


still wanna rot...



rot some more



eating breakfast




all dressed up



give me a big ....... never mind....



i said never mind..... hahaha... so adorable



another shot of me in uniform



serious watching..... tv



papa ask me to do "handsome"



eyes still glued to the box



mama and me



on the way to school



more pix of me and my mama



one nice photo



i am a cherian



po po dun be sad...



reached the doorsteps



my school, cherie hearts



view from the waiting area


\


waiting to go in



still waiting



i'm in!



having fun with the toys



me and my new friends



toys toys toys



more toys



close up of me



i am playing alone



oatmeal!


as usual, walking around during meal



enjoying my food, don't believe? See my foot.



photo for papa



teacher talking to me and mama


still eating...



and eating...



i'm done, playtime!



more lonely time..



miss xiao qi brings me to join in the group



i prefer to play alone



i am with my PG1 class now


classmates
joining me now


more and more friends



i was crying for 15 mins just now, papa and mama... i miss you...



i'm much happier after seeing you two



i am eating my lunch



caden, do you miss Papa and Mama?



recalling the sad moments....


baby.. Papa and Mama miss you too... Be Happy K?

we LOVE you alot





0 comments: