Really really suay, I was on my way back home from work and as I was crossing the road, BANG! I was hit by a reversing lorry. i was down on the floor in seconds, trying to catch my breath. The tiny brain driver was still trying to assist me to stand up. I shrugged his arms off immediately. Only managed to catch my breath after a long while, all this time, I was staring hard at the air-headed driver. He looks terrified. He looks anxious. As soon as I was breathing normally, I was SHOUTING at him, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! DIDN’T YOU SEE?!” The bugger was a Indian foreign worker. YES, INDIA again, they never get out of my life. The accompany passenger of the lorry was trying very hard to make sure I am ok also. I managed to stand up, pick up my stuff and walk back to my in-law’s place. My thought is just quickly go back and spend my evening with my wife and son. But as soon as I put on my spectacles, I was furious! My spectacles are damaged from the impact to my head. I walked back and demanded compensation. The uncle who was the passenger, gave me his phone number and to contact him in the evening, to tell him how much for me to make a new pair. I agreed, took it down and went home.
When I reached home, I told dear about it, at the same time, trying to look calm so as not to worry her and not to cancel our evening plans. But she could sense there was something wrong with me and made me tell her the damages that were done to me by the lorry. Even Caden can say, “Papa pain pain.” I was surprised, how did he know.
As hard as I tried not to spoil the evening, she insisted that I go for a checkup to make sure I am alright. So to ease her anxiousness, I put away my mindless stubbornness and went to Raffles Medical center while Caden is taken care of his Popo and Gong Gong. Had a thorough checkup, oral medication, injection and x-rays on my head, ribs, ankle and hand, everything turns out well, except some bruises and abrasions. Spent 2.5 hours and $350 there, a waste of money and time due to the reckless incident. Caden and dear’s parents joined us at Raffles Medical Center and we went back together. Come to think of the accident, luckily the lorry stopped, if it went on, I would not be typing out this blog now. Sorry Dear, I will be more careful next time. I will not leave you alone. I am supposed to die after you, remember? =>
I think the best thing that came out from my ordeal is…… 2 days MC…..
The boi is walking 18 June '11
15 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment