Friday the thirteen

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Everyone would have thought friday the thirteen will be an unlucky day... So do I.. esp knowing that my luck this year will not be that fantastic... for the past few days I was down with severe lost of voice and sore throat. I did not even dare to carry or play much with baby Caden. It has been a real mental torture to me. Worst of all, many things just happen during these period of time - friendship day sales by councillors (so I have to help them to source for cheap flowers and balloons that they intend to sell), 2 days shooting course that I need to attend and miss school, 4 days of losing of voice and still have to teach, some big hoo ha caused by councillors that caused me some lecturing from p, losing a red packet that my mum insisted she has passed to me(given by my second aunt) and so we ended in 3 days of argument regarding this and finally the big thing that has happened tonight(staff dedication service where councillors are fully involved which mean that I am into it too).

STRESSED!!!! Almost cried in school with so much things thrown to me. But me... being someone who never cry in school and in front of people until I am really down... I carried on...

Started off school with more screaming at students who did not do my work and talk in class. Moreover, as its total defence day, there is emergency evacuation exercise. This means I have to shout more when the alarm bell ring and my students go crazy by screaming and shouting louder than me.

Then have to settle the council sale of friendship day items and explain to p regarding the big hoo ha that councillors have caused. Sigh.. will have to donate all our little profit to the school... not for the use of council activities..

And rushed home in the afternoon to have a look at my precious as he is down with flu... Guess its by me.. Sigh...

Went back school for the rehearsal of staff dedication service and then the actual service. Didn't have much appetite to eat - partly because of my throat and also due to the fact my councillors are working so hard to serve as waitress and waiter, i dun have the heart to eat and enjoy myself. But I must say that they have really done a fantastic job in being a servant leader and make our guests feel at ease.

Finally, the whole event ended at 10pm... Thats the time I left school. Lucky I have a great colleague (Mr Derrick Lee) who offered to drive us (deardear is here too) back... Came back home and have a look at baby (baby is sleeping) and then went back to Derrick car as he drove us out for supper (as we did not eat anything for dinner). After a good supper and some gossip session, I felt a lot better. Maybe also because my mum told me that my second aunt has not passed her the red packet for baby's bday as she has made a mistake..

Its indeed not a bad friday the thirteen after all...

But.. not all yet... when we came back home at 12am, deardear surprised me with my vday present... Thank you deardear for staying by my side no matter what, hear me complain, allow me vent my anger when I am stressed, give in to whatever I want and provide me with whatever I want. I am really fortunate to have my parents who love me so much, my hubby who loves me so much too and finally my precious son whom all of us love so much... Think in the future and now perhaps, he will feel that same way I am feeling today... Deardear and baby Caden, I love you both... muakmuak..

Pics of my V-day presents






0 comments: