Mama Yen has a bad day in school...

Thursday, August 27, 2009

This morning started off very badly... Sigh...

Had an autistic student in my class. He is always acting up in class for no reason. I was still sick.. Down with sore throat, I had to handle a class of 40 normal academic, talkative, some dyslexic students. I had to make sure they are at their own seat and not sitting with their friends.
However, this particular boy refuses to listen to my command and sat with his friend. He even said that I am irregardless to him and he refused to listen to me. So I decided to ask him to go out of the class and find the teachers he regarded well. He refused to budge and I was tired. I ask one student to call the discipline master. Then he flared up. He bang his table and ran towards me and shouted at my ears to watch out. I ignored him. Then he went out of the class. In less than 2 minutes, he came back outside the class with a fire extinguisher. Dunno what was he shouting and doing... I ignored him and carried on teaching. The class warned me about his action. Then some teachers outside the class came to stop him and took the fire extinguisher away. There was peace for a short while, when he came back in with my photo frame which was supposed to be on my teacher's table in the staff room. Dunno how he managed to go into the staff room and my table and took my things to threaten me. Again, I knew I had to ignore him. He shouted something and then left the photo frame on the teacher's table in class and went back to his seat. I asked the class to ignore him and we carried on our lesson while a discipline teacher tried to talk to him in the class as he refused to get out of the class.

Sigh... What a long description of the short 2 periods lesson with the class.

This month is really a bad month for me... felt insulted by someone from school which I never felt in my 7 yrs of teaching, threatened by students, loaded with lots of school work, losing a good friend in school, hubby not around when I am threatened. Sometimes, I wonder if the student really throw the fire extinguisher and I landed in hospital, will deardear come back to see me? When I told him that matter, he don't even seems to be worried. Maybe I presented myself as a calm and strong person... But is it the case???

0 comments: