This morning, deardear and I went to the airport at 8 am leaving Caden dear at home as its too early to bring him along. We went to send my best friend off to Japan. She is one of my best friends at workplace. Everyone says its difficult to find any friend at workplace but I count myself lucky to find 2. Yet one is leaving for Japan to pursue her dreams. She has been having the aspiration to teach in Japan. Finally, she has achieved her dream. She is accepted to teach in one of the high school in Fukuoka. As her good friend, I am really happy for her. However, on the other side, I really miss her alot.. She is my makan kaki, gossiping kaki... Now I have no one to makan and gossip with as my the other best friend is a guy and he is always busy...
There are many people to send her off... Her NPCC cadets, her good friends, her colleagues including me and her family... It was quite light hearted when we met her at the kopitiam at T3. However, when we arrived at the departure point, everyone became very solemn. I was glad no one cried as I was trying hard to hold back my tears and I know if someone cries, I will cry too.. Everyone of us took pic, hug her and wishes her all the best before she went in. Everyone was at the partition except her mother. I was trying to find her mother and at a corner, her mum was crying. I can fully understand how she feels. Its not easy to let her only daughter go to Japan on her own. However, as her mother, she has to support her daughter's dreams. Its really a dilemna that I would not like to face next time. This time, my tears finally roll out...
Meijun, all the best... Really hope that you will be happy realising your dream. Its indeed a bold decision to make and I salute to you for making such a decision which I will never dare to do so. Hope to see you again once you are back to Singapore.

0 comments:
Post a Comment